It is a valuable work. I do not think anyone writes so well that he cannot learn much from it.
2. "to have not…(as) to see…"中的不定式也有否定意味。
He had not the good breeding to see that simplicity and naturalness are the truest marks of distinction.
3. "It occurred to sb. that…"意为"突然想到"，"It dawned on sb.that…"."突然想起"等。 从句是想起的内容。
I remember once being on a bus and looking at a stranger. He suddenly looked back at me-i.e.our eyes met. My instinctive reaction was to avert my gaze. It occurred to me that if I had continued to maintain eye contact, I would have been rude and aggressive.
4. "It follows that…"="It happens as a result…"常常被译为"由此可见"，"因此"，"从前"，"可以推断"等等。
It follows that the housewife will also expect to be able to have more leisure in her life without lowering her standard of living. It also follows that human domestic servants will have completely ceased to exist.
5. "that's all there is to it"，意思是"也不过如此而已"。可根据上下文视情况处理。
If I'm touched, I'm touched-that's all there is to it.
6. "The chances are that…"是一句型，译为"有可能……"。
The chances are you will never attempt that speed with poetry or want to race though some passages in fiction over which you wish to linger.